Terry Coull, Founder, DayBlink Consulting
A WINGS Mentor is…
While participation as a mentor in WINGS is voluntary, we are looking for committed and passionate women and men who are willing to unconditionally support the development of women who are aspiring to be leaders. Our mentors meet following criteria to participate in the program:
- Senior and accomplished with over 15 years of experience
- Draw from personal experience to support learning
- Embody the following leadership and personal qualities
- Growth Mindset
- Access to a diverse network and willing to make connections for mentee as needed
- Sincere desire to build constructive and positive relationship between a mentor and a mentee
- Sensitivity to people from varied backgrounds with compassion and understanding
- Innate teaching ability
- Ability to draw examples from his or her own experience as a leader
- Ability to commit to the full 10-month relationship
- Meet once per week for the first 6-8 weeks and at least once per month thereafter
- Participate in the ongoing evaluation process
- Ability to mentor effectively online as needed
- Committed to using WINGS methodology and leadership model to support a robust development plan and supporting activities
We are all born with God-given, unique traits and skills. But, as with all possibilities, they will remain unrealized unless they are developed, nurtured, and put into practice. You may have the capacity to love, but if left underdeveloped, you will never gain the ability. – Leo Buscaglia
A Mentor’s Experience
- As a first step, our mentors spend time understanding mentee’s goals.
- Exploring the mentee’s representation and connecting it to their current skills and knowledge, they will enable the mentee to refine her representation and provide insights and new information to incorporate in her representation.
- The mentor and mentee put together a customized Leadership Development Plan in line with WINGS’ Mentoring framework.
- Understands the mentee’s definition of success.
- Builds confidence with industry knowledge and wisdom.
- Promotes peer mentor and cross functional interactions
- Envisions an inspiring strategy with purpose to lead
- Helps mentee build resilience in refining and adjusting situationally