WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE WINGS Champion?
What does it take to be a WINGS Champion?
While participation as a Champion in WINGS is voluntary, we are looking for committed and passionate women and men who are willing to support WINGS mentors and mentees unconditionally and are committed to further the mission of WINGS.As a WINGS Champion you must:
- Manage a minimum of two engagement (2 mentor/mentee pairs) for 10 months
- Initiate first meeting between their assigned mentors and mentees first week after kick off
- Arrange methodology review and walk through. Ensure that the framework and leadership model described in the methodology is followed throughout the program
- Assist mentors and mentees in coming up with a development plan following guidelines in this methodology – This needs to be completed within the first month of kick off
- Establish a meeting cadence for regular check-ins. These are 1:1 meetings with their assigned mentor and mentee as well as joined meeting with mentors and mentees to review the progress. Monthly meeting with each mentor/mentee pair is mandatory. Weekly meeting with the mentee initially to get her started is required but after that it as needed basis.
- Facilitate feedback from their assigned mentors and mentees on the program and methodology and feed it back to the mentoring program team on a regular basis
- Play a role of an advisor to WINGS program management team
- Assist WINGS executive team in the mentor and mentee pairing process
- Leverage your network and experience to help mentees achieve their objectives
- Play a role of a secondary mentor if needed, in case primary mentor is unavailable for extended period of time
- Identify project assignments for their mentees during the Lead stage and help set up the project
- Assist in evolving methodology and the program as needed
- Engagement concludes successfully with a high percentage of success
- Mentors and mentees feel supported throughout the program
- Ability to proactively manage risk
- Valuable contributions to the program structure and methodology
- Referral and recommendations to the WINGS program
- Volunteer to be a mentor/advisory council member yourself
Note: Although we are driven by passion and cause, everything requires strong commitment. We think this role is pivotal to the success of WINGS. Our assumption is that this role would require a minimum of 8-10 hours per month/2 hours per week.