Mentees are our future and the success of our mentees is the only payback for the passion our community brings to this program
How do we select our Mentees?
The Mentees have to satisfy the WINGS for Growth criteria and answer a detailed questionnaire on their objectives and goals. WINGS executive team will review the Mentee’s response on the questionnaire. The member(s) of senior leadership will interview candidates who meet the criteria. Once selected, mentees will have an opportunity to meet with potential mentors.
Apply to be a Mentee here
WINGS for Growth Mentee Criteria
WINGS is looking for committed and passionate women who know how important it is to learn from mentors during their career journey. They are committed to their own development and show this dedication throughout during this program.
- Able to commit to the full 10-month relationship, minimum 2 hours per week
- Meet once per week for the first 6-8 weeks and at least once per month thereafter
- Participates in the on-going evaluation process
- Uses their broader network of support to pursue development actions suggested by the mentor
- Amenable and open to be mentored in person as well as virtually using available tools and technologies
- Owns the development and execution of a robust development plan and supporting activities
- Agree to participate in self-assessment and 360 survey as required by WINGS methodology
Our Mentee’s Learning Experience
A WINGS mentee:
- Is motivated to become a people and organizational leader. They have a sense of what it means to lead and can articulate why this is a personal aspiration.
- Can articulate a sense of what they want to accomplish in their life and career and is committed to living a life of purpose.
- Has a strong desire to learn from a mentoring relationship.
- Possesses a positive attitude and strong drive to achieve her career goals.
- Has the ability to listen and act on what they learn in meaningful ways.
- Is open to learning and trying new things.
- Is open to feedback and understands the role it plays in personal development and change.
- Is resourceful and solution oriented. Does not lose sight of her goals even when challenges arise.
The WINGS’ Mentee Advantage
WINGS offers our mentees a structured program on a proprietary framework built using real life experience of our leaders, mentors and advisors.
- Personalized pairing of mentor and mentees by the executive board based on detailed application process and interviews.
- Support along the way from champions who are vested in the success of the mentor-mentee relationship.
- Additional access to skills-based training sessions, workshops, and connectivity events.